Herbert Beckhard and Frank Richlan Associates
This project, designed by MDSA’s predecessor firm Beckhard Richlan Associates, expanded the temple’s religious school, which serves the early childhood center (ages 2-4), as well as students enrolled in pre-K through grade 7.
Through the careful placement of deeply set windows and alternating brick and slate patterns, we created a bold new articulation for the main entrance that delivers a memorable first impression. The addition houses six new classrooms, administrative offices, a conference room, a new central interior courtyard and a main entry lobby which contains a gallery.
The design led to the extensive rehabilitation of the original 23,000 sq. ft. religious facility built in 1957, which also houses classrooms and offices, in addition to a library, youth lounge, multi-purpose room, and kitchen.